Unidos believes that the magical moment of seeing a child’s eyes light up when they open that special gift is a moment intended to be shared as a family. Low-income parents are working hard all year long to provide for their kids, and we want to provide a small boost to help them enjoy the generosity of the holidays.
When you Stock the Store with donated items, Unidos families can shop for the gifts their kids really want, with a steep discount putting them within reach. Then the revenue from the store goes back into the community to help fund Unidos programming all year round. Check out the three ways to Stock the Store!
Consider giving all year long
Christmas Store giving this year has been incredibly generous. Please consider giving to our Enrichment 2022 campaign, and have your financial gift enrich these children all year long!
Shop and Drop
Let us do the shopping for you.
As you shop or donate, take some photos of yourself, your family, your toy drives, and more! We will be reposting photos that use the hashtag #unidoschristmasstore on Facebook and Instagram.
Last day to drop off donations: December 13th.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Donate toys by shopping online
Unidos kids and parents have helped create a wishlist of the most exciting toys and cultural icons in our neighborhood!
Ship all items to Unidos South OC at the address linked in the wishlist to arrive by December 13.
Shop till you drop …it off at one of our drop-off locations! Take a look at the Purchasing Pointers below, and choose any gift that you think a five to eighteen year old would enjoy. Remember that parents are looking to splurge on their kids with one special gift. Your donation will make those things accessible to a low-income parent.
The easiest way to Stock the Store is to donate money and we’ll take care of it for you! The bonus of this option is that we can use the funds to fill the gaps and to replenish the shelves when we see what is most popular this year.
Host a Toy drive
This is one of our favorite ways for people to get involved! Whether you are a group of employees, a local church, a book club or a group of friends, hosting a toy drive is for you! It’s a safe and effective way to let your generosity become contagious, involving more people in the joy of giving.
Donate to the Store
Many shoppers are residents who sacrificially serve their neighborhood throughout the year.
78 gifts in 2018 ♦ 300 gifts in 2018 ♦ 400 gifts in 2019 ♦ 831 gifts in 2020
Drop off items by December 13:
- Please include your receipt, as this helps us with the pricing process.
- Please include your name and email because we want to thank you!
- Mountain View Church- 32382 Del Obispo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 – Sunday December 5 or 12, 8:30am-12:00pm www.mvc.life
- Branches Church – Dana Point – //www.branchesoc.com/
- Other Partners, Capistrano Valley Christian Schools, St. Mary’s School
- Call, text or email Unidos for a drop off location in San Juan Capistrano- 949-326-0320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We ask that you choose gifts for 5 to 18 year olds.
- Unidos will price items at around 50% of their retail value. The store will need a wide range of prices in order to accommodate parents in our neighborhood of varying financial resources.
- For mid-elementary and teens, parents are looking for ONE super nice item to show their kids they are worth splurging on. Think trendy and brand-name. We have seen parents save up and purchase at our discount some high quality items like tech devices. Technology will be in extra-high demand this year.
- Any new clothing or new books donated will be included in our offered as prizes in programs, not in the Christmas Store, as we have seen that parents do not prefer these items as Christmas gifts.
- Other than that, just have fun! Think of your own kids and grandkids; whatever they’re asking for this Christmas is probably the same thing we need in the store.
What we love about the Unidos Christmas Store:
- KIDS LOVE IT. Instead of kids getting a gift from an organization, they get it from their parents as an expression of their love. They don’t get a random toy but a gift they actually want.
- PARENTS LOVE IT. Parents work hard all year to provide for their kids, but Christmas is especially taxing. Instead of feeling humiliated when a wealthy donor lavishes their children with gifts, they hold their head high, knowing that all work – even low-wage work – is dignified. They don’t want a hand-out; but they really appreciate a great discount.
- THE COMMUNITY LOVES IT. The proceeds from parents’ purchases will support Unidos’ year-round work in the community, and shoppers are proud to be part of it. Some even make additional donations to be a part of the work of strengthening the neighborhood.